Saturday, July 23, 2011

NEWS: Lego's DC and Marvel Toys at SDCC


We already knew Lego had signed-up with both DC and Marvel Comics, but I don't think anybody was quite prepared for what was unveiled at the San Diego Comic Con.

(Super) Hero Factory
Pictured above is the Lego Hero Factory Iron Man figure.

Tony Stark's iron-clad alter-ego is joined by the Hulk and Batman over at this awesome gallery, courtesy of Battlegrip. No word yet on release dates but we'll bring you more when we have it.

UPDATE: More from Toy News International, including the Green Lantern.

Mini-Figures
Characters from both DC and Marvel are to get the Lego Mini-Figure treatment, but here's the Marvel initial line-up because (A) I'm a Marvel mark and (B) the Hulk looks so awesome.



Again, no word on when these figures will be available or how they're to be released (as individual toys or play-sets) but we'll bring you more when we have it.

I wonder what this means for Mega Bloks...?

6 comments:

  1. As much as I love megabloks, I think they were not really doing much with the license anyway.

    The Halo franchise has been a much more successful line for them. They are doing some spectacular things on that front, but their Marvel stuff was always pretty mediocre.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am excited about this and i plan on buying as much of the DC and Marvel Lego stuff that i can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked the Mini-Figs but the play-sets looked kind of weak (and overpriced.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The mini-figures look pretty cool. I'd buy a few of them individually I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad to see Marvel back with Lego again. And even happier to see Lego's bringing back the Batman line. I'd heard they were just waiting for people to cool off after the parent groups got pissed during the Dark Knight release. I can't wait to see these in stores.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They do look pretty cool. I'm loving that Hulk mini-figure.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...